Wentwood Cycling Assotiation
Gallery

The New Gallery has now been created and can be viewed by Clicking "Pics+Vids" in the menu bar or Click Here

News

Last Thursday we met up with Jon from the Woodland Trust again to discuss and resolve some issues with the top section of the track. For more info on the meting Click here

Crash on New stepdown

post up your
videos

Crash on New stepdown

Postby Tom on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:21 pm

Tryed the new stepdown tim has built after the first road gap.
The run up is a bit bumpy on a ht but the actual jump is fine, only problem is that if you are trying to get into the right landing you need to turn which i didnt do. Just went straight and couldnt get into berm so had to dump the bike so i didnt hit the falen tree.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/6080/
The Admin and WCA creator

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Bike: 2008 Transition Bottlerocket

Re: Crash on New stepdown

Postby Gabo on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:55 pm

lol it looked funnier in person.
myspace.com/gabofreerider
Gabo
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Bike: commencal supreme dh

Postby TimR74 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Good effort! I've only roughed out the landing, still needs a bit of work.
TimR74
Junior
Junior

Postby Tom on Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:42 pm

I wasnt sure if it was finished but i smoothed the landing out a bit. Its easy enough to clear, you dont need that much speed, i actually braked before i jumped it. But i just sort of missed the line and thought best to lay the bike on the floor than plough through the tree. I expect it will be nicer when i have a full sus.
Good work though Tim, the berm after the jump is huge, quite fun to ride as well. Apart ffrom the end which i washed out on a few times, just needs to be compacted i think. The black run is looking gnarly though. The drop after the main log drop is gonna be fun with a 90degree turn straight after it.

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TimR74 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:24 pm

Yeah, I think that berm needs to be pretty big to catch you after the new step down. Exit of the berm needs to be built up a bit more as well to make it less sketchy. Gonna need another big left handed berm after the 2nd drop as it's bigger than it looks.
TimR74
Junior
Junior

Postby Tom on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:28 pm

I was looking at that yesterday and that is going to be super sketchy. A fair size drop on its own and then a 90degree turn after it with hardly any room to think. Well thats why its called the black run i guess :D .
We need to get a big build up there soon. There is a topic on the ride/builds area. If we get a good turnout with plenty of tools we could get a lot done on that track.

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Videos