Wentwood Cycling Assotiation
Gallery

The New Gallery has now been created and can be viewed by Clicking "Pics+Vids" in the menu bar or Click Here

News

Last Thursday we met up with Jon from the Woodland Trust again to discuss and resolve some issues with the top section of the track. For more info on the meting Click here

CWMBRAN

organise
a ride for different trail

Re: CWMBRAN

Postby dropoffdan on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm

Not the best placed helmetcam but with time im sure it will improve,there will be one or two more vids soon,the Chute was very overgrown and needs a bit of TLC to get it back up to scratch.
Good laugh all the same though and Haydn needs to sort his chain device out lol :D .

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/32426/
dropoffdan
God
God

My Bike: Foes DHS Mono--Cove Stiffee FR

Postby Tom on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:19 pm

I did the same on my first headcam shoots. The camera needs to be almost pointing upwards when the helmet is flat for it to look straight when your recording.
I am keen to come and ride your trails!! Let us know next time your up, if its in the week or weekend and i will see if im free!
The Admin and WCA creator

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Bike: 2008 Transition Bottlerocket

Postby Haydn on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:30 pm

if u and gaz want to come i don't see why u couldn't stay over my house because me and dan go up early ill see when i get back from italy
Haydn
God
God

My Bike: orange 223 wtp specilized p1

Postby Tom on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Sounds like a good idea if we could. :)

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dropoffdan on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Haydn and myself started to build some new lines into the Chute today just to make it a bit more interesting,come this weekend there should be a complete new line running down the side of a steep hill onto the rock section,we cleared back some 200yrds of ferns added a 4-5ft drop and a 15ft roadgap.
Ill get some pics and maybe some vids of it up after Sunday.
Dan
dropoffdan
God
God

Postby Haydn on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:23 am

what time we going up and have u got the van ?
Haydn
God
God

Postby dropoffdan on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:11 am

Some pics of the Rocky track taken not quite from the very top and ends about halfway dow theres another flattish section after this for about 100m then its back to the rocks again for another 1-2 mins taking you right down to the carpark/pub:).
http://dannyram.pinkbike.com/album/Cwmbran-Tracks/
dropoffdan
God
God

Postby Tom on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:54 pm

I may be up for a visit when the part for my bike rack arrives. Hopefully end of this week/next week.

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bigkev on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:35 am

Hi guys,

i ride up there quite regulary as i'm from cwmbran originally. i think the trails up there are awsome and i love that they're so much quieter than cwmcarn.

the thing i find (especially in the summer) is that the place is full of walkers and when i come hammering down that rocky path you got pictured i get called a wanker more times than i can remeber.

how do you guys find it?

kev
bigkev
WCA member

My Bike: Felt Compulsion 2/ Orange G2

Postby dropoffdan on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:41 pm

To be honest i have never had an issue with walkers up there,the good part is that all the tracks are open and visability is good for a long way ahead (apart from the top track when you feel like your going to fall off a cliff) if there are people walking up we just slow it down,since the woods near the Res have been privatised the walkers have moved off the hill into the woods where they have designated trails so on the whole i dont see any difference to any other DH track,hell ive had people walking dogs up the middle of Cwmcarn,FOD and WW before now.
If they are being abusive just ignore them up there you/we have just as much right to be on it as they do :oops: .
Dan
dropoffdan
God
God

Postby Haydn on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:18 pm

dam right itsss sweet. when we getting up there next dan aint been up since like October
Haydn
God
God

Postby bigkev on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:33 pm

i was up there about 2 weeks ago on a saturday morning and to be honest i didn't get anything but good mornings so hopefully times have changed. i've only been riding again for about 6 months so fingers crossed. i rode through those woods aswell not realising they'd been privatised, but i had a chat with some of the guys working there and they seemed cool as long as i didn't leave any trails/tracks anywhere.

i'll have to hook up with you guys sometime, where abouts in cwmbran you from dan?

kev
bigkev
WCA member

Postby dropoffdan on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:45 pm

The guys that own the woods are fine with us riding there like you said as long as theres no big jumps etc but the 3 tracks that are in their area are really good fast flatout dh and serious fun,but the enitire place is littered with good tracks,easily a weeks worth of riding to be had.
Im from Llanyravon and Haydn is from Malpas we do ride with a few others too Owain from Northville Coley from Coed Eva and Ian from New Inn but theres shed loads of other riders that go up there often.
We should arrange a little ride day up there soon me thinks.
Dan
dropoffdan
God
God

Postby bigkev on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:38 pm

sounds like a plan, drop me a line when you guys are next up there.

kev :D
bigkev
WCA member

Postby dropoffdan on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Bit of an update on the woods,we no have permission to make tracks from the wardens up there,Haydn and myself went up today and stumbled on a really old track with some nice doubles and berms already there,ive been riding up there for about 10 years and we have only just found these which is nice,ironicly they were only about 50ft away from where we regularly ride,anyway we set about marking the track out again when its done id say this should be a good 3-4 min run with an esay fire road pushup of about 15-20 mins,the photos are only of the middle section the top and bottom already exist so its just a matter of re-opening it and getting them linked together.We will be riding there on the 12th April.
http://dannyram.pinkbike.com/album/Cwmbran-Tracks/
Dan
dropoffdan
God
God

PreviousNext

Return to Other rides