Wentwood Cycling Assotiation
Gallery

The New Gallery has now been created and can be viewed by Clicking "Pics+Vids" in the menu bar or Click Here

News

Last Thursday we met up with Jon from the Woodland Trust again to discuss and resolve some issues with the top section of the track. For more info on the meting Click here

Someone/some people today . . .

General
discussion

Someone/some people today . . .

Postby Tom on Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:26 pm

:| had a fairly good ride today seeing as i have been off the bike for a while.
After about 1-2hours of riding the lower sect we came back to the top to find just as the 2 starts merge there was loads of plastic bags/food wrappers/ food / paper/ and then deodorant cans and the remains of someones attempt at a fire and some disposable BBQ's thrown around.
Im pretty sure and hope very much it wasn't any mountainbikers!!! although as we didnt see anyone up there i highly doubt it.
There was a 4x4 who we stopped and gently reminded him he was actually breaking the law but unless he did it before we came up im not sure. I also saw 2 cars on the other side of the hill on the way back so could have possibly been them.
Just thought i would say . . . its annoying that people do this but if we weren't there and WT came up to inspect the next day then who is he going to blame?? It will be us.
So anyone who does find anything like this up there, try and bag it up if you can otherwise contact us so we can clear it up.
Cheers for the read
The Admin and WCA creator

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Bike: 2008 Transition Bottlerocket

Re: Someone/some people today . . .

Postby zanginator on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Did you notice the tent?
zanginator
WCA member

My Bike: Saracen Mantra 2 07

Re: Someone/some people today . . .

Postby Tom on Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:44 pm

Ye thats been there a while.
Why anyone would want to sleep in the woods there i dont know . .. . . well i could hazard a guess but that is also a reason not to go near it :D
The Admin and WCA creator

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Bike: 2008 Transition Bottlerocket

Return to General