Wentwood Cycling Assotiation
Gallery

The New Gallery has now been created and can be viewed by Clicking "Pics+Vids" in the menu bar or Click Here

News

Last Thursday we met up with Jon from the Woodland Trust again to discuss and resolve some issues with the top section of the track. For more info on the meting Click here

Just a little idea

General
discussion

Just a little idea

Postby Tom on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:25 am

Just a little idea i was thinking about.
Seeing as we hardly ever do full runs of the course or time ourselves properly, i was thinking about having a leaderboard on the website and then we can post up our times on there as a little competition to see who fastest.

Now only one problem and that is timing. It is easy enough to mark out where everyone should start and finish but timing them between this is the only problem. Anyone with any ideas then post them up here, also do you think its a good idea or not?
The Admin and WCA creator

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Bike: 2008 Transition Bottlerocket

Re: Just a little idea

Postby Haydn on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:02 pm

walkie talkies any one got any good ones and a stop watch one person at the bottom one at the top
Haydn
God
God

My Bike: orange 223 wtp specilized p1

Postby Tom on Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Found a proper timing system but it will probably cost around £270 and apparently is accurate to 1/200th of a second
Its 2 timing poles which are £60 each
and a watch which is triggered to start timing by the poles and then to stop again by the second pole.
BUT the watch is £150 and seeing as you need 2 poles it will be £120 for those.

I will keep searching but walkie talkies and sotp watches are all good but not that accurate and it needs a few people for it to work.
The Admin and WCA creator

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Bike: 2008 Transition Bottlerocket

Postby Haydn on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:02 pm

thing is do we need it to be 1/200 of a second accurate its only a ruff estimate
Haydn
God
God

My Bike: orange 223 wtp specilized p1

Return to General