Wentwood Cycling Assotiation
Gallery

The New Gallery has now been created and can be viewed by Clicking "Pics+Vids" in the menu bar or Click Here

News

Last Thursday we met up with Jon from the Woodland Trust again to discuss and resolve some issues with the top section of the track. For more info on the meting Click here

Posibble New track

General
discussion

Posibble New track

Postby Tom on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:25 pm

In very very early stages, at the moment but im trying to look into creating a new track up Wentwood.
Currently in talks with WT and FC and once ive got a rough idea of the layout of the proposed track then i will be meeting them up there to see where to go from there.
Im hoping that if we do get given the go ahead then this will be a winter project and up and running next year.
If you have any comments or want to lend a hand then just post up here.
The Admin and WCA creator

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Bike: 2008 Transition Bottlerocket

Re: Posibble New track

Postby Chris on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:46 pm

Yep, count me in, I only managed to get one morning in of chopping down bracken at the track this "summer" , and 0 hrs riding on the track since March due to rain, work and injury, so I need some serious outdoor exposure this winter! Just let me know when and where.
Chris
WCA member

My Bike: Cove Hustler, Cotic Soul

Postby Tom on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:32 pm

I was on holiday in the summer, came back for a week then dislocated my shoulder. 4 weeks later had an op on my shoulder to repair the damage and now im lokoin at december before i ride again.
Unfortunately bracken wasnt on my mind so hope it isnt a jungle up there.
Should be giving the track an overhaul and clear back as well as this project this winter after i can move my arm properly.

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Ouch, that sounds nasty. How did you do that then? Roll-on December eh?!
We chopped back the bracken on the start of the open section of the track back in June or July I think. It was a bit of a jungle then. Have not seen it since though.
Chris
WCA member

My Bike: Cove Hustler, Cotic Soul

Postby Tom on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Hopefully heading up on saturday to look at the track idea. May see if anything needs to be cleared when im up there.

Tom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General